Training future mechanical, civil, electronic engineers and computer scientists in SYStem Identification, Condition & Health Monitoring for a New Generation of WIND Turbines.
The SYSWIND project is a high quality Europe wide training network to produce well qualified researchers in the area of wind energy and new wind turbine technology. The team is supported by a number of additional leading Universities, research laboratories and industries as associated partners.
SYSWIND combines state-of-the-art techniques and utilizes innovative technologies in new or lesser known areas consisting of:
- structural dynamicist
- signal processing experts
- statistical decision making expert
- vibration and noise control engineers
- wireless sensor expert
- composite manufacturing expert
- damage mechanics experts
- power system expert
- geotechnical expert
- a leading wind turbine R&D engineering company